Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hip Hop: J.Cole Acapella Freestyle, Disses Wiz? & New Song "Nothing Like It" (February 20th-26th)




I think its fair to say that when it comes to young MCs in the game there is no one that can really see J.Cole on lyrics, flow and/or subject matter. When it comes to song making ability I think Drake definitely has him beat but in the other categories, there’s no competition. In the first video Cole does what all real MCs do during performances, kick a freestyle and not off the blackberry, one that he spit on the radio already or one that was written. A true freestyle off the top of the dome, on the spot as he felt the energy from the crowd. As usual he killed it and maybe I’m just analyzing the lyrics and looking for subliminal shots but I definitely think he threw a little jab at Wiz Khalifa. I don’t know, watch and let me know what you think. Below the freestyle is a new track he dropped this week entitled “Nothing Like It” and its definitely fire! So my question is when is his album “Cole World” set to drop? Do you think he’ll drop another mixtape before the album? I guess we shall see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment