Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Father's Day 2011 (June 19th-25th)


My father is my hero. The first thing he passed down to me and my brother was the skill to play basketball. Since birth I’ve had a basketball in my hands and since I could remember people have been telling me how good my father was in high school until this day! Hearing all those stories is what made me want to become a basketball player. But most importantly, in a time where majority of African-American and Hispanic children grow up without their fathers, I appreciate my father more than words can express for having the willpower to break that cycle as his father was not in his life. He taught me what it means to be a man and all I'm trying to do is follow in his footsteps while creating one for my younger brother and family members. You can break the cycle too. It won't be easy but think about  and put your kids first. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment