Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#MYOL News: Cavs’ Baron Davis Returning To UCLA To Earn History Degree (May 29th-June 4th)


Cavs’ Baron Davis is going back to school to complete his history degree at UCLA.
Davis said the thought of completing his degree became more important to him following the death of his grandmother, who always wanted him to go back and finish. At 32, he’s finally going to do it. Davis said he has about two years left to complete his degree.

”I’m not far, but I’m definitely not close,” he joked. ”All the classes I’m signed up for are things I want to learn now. When you’re in school, you’re studying stuff wondering ‘How am I going to use that in life’ or ‘What does that matter to me?’ Then you get out in the world and you start traveling and history becomes one of the most important things. Now my brain is ready to receive that more than when I was 19 years old and I wanted to dribble [basketballs] all day.” Classes begin in July, and Davis will be splitting his time between Cleveland and Los Angeles until then.

- Jason Lloyd /Beacon Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment