Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hip Hop History: Dip Set Producer Araab Muzik Kills MPC At Club Battle (February 13th-19th)


As soon as I saw this video, I was reminded of the scenes in the movie Juice when  Q (Omar Epps) was in the DJ battle in the club. That movie took place in NYC in 90’s where the DJ was highly respected and DJ battles were the norm. Fast forward about 20 years and producers have taken the position of importance that DJs use to occupy. Araab Muzik is a well-known producer on the NYC scene as well as the national Hip Hop scene as he produced bangers like “Whistle”, “Salute”, most recently “Sour Life” and many other tracks for the Dip Set family. In this video he shows off his skills live in an MPC battle, which is monumental in itself. I’m not sure how long the MPC battles have been going on, specifically in NYC but AraabMuzik could seriously exploit this type of event and be the Lane Maker who sets the pace for these viral MPC battle videos. The idea of it is crazy and I hope to see these type of batlles groe all across the country but I’ll tell you right now I don’t think anybody out there is really seeing Araab! #Salute

No comments:

Post a Comment