Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hip Hop History: Sade ft. Jay Z - Moon & The Sky (Remix) (April 3rd-9th)



"I was the one/I who could, pull in all the stars above /Lay them on your feet, and I gave you my love/You are the one who got me started/You could have let me love anyone but I only wanted you/So why did he make me cry/Why didn't you come get me one last time"


"You'll always know/The reason why/We could have had the moon and the sky/You'll always know/The reason why this love, reason why this love/Ain't gon' let you go" - Sade


"I know we could have had it all/I wasn't ready to go steady no not at all/Smoke and mirrors clouded my vision we hit a wall/Couldn't see the moon and the sky behind the fog/Pregnant pause/Damn your baby tall, what you been up to/I don't blame you my doll/Yeah, we kinda stalled/As god as my witness, timin' was my mistress/I guess it's in the stars for me to love you from a distance/Uh, our ship sail, uh, the wind blows/The door's always open but our window was closed/You always thought "what if?"/But that'll just drive you crazy baby, girl interrupted/Thinkin' 'bout what wasn't/Thinkin' 'bout what was it?/Was it somethin' I done?/Somethin' I could do better although nothin' could be done/Sometimes you get what you need/Now what you think you want? /So baby no moon and sky, got a beautiful sun" - Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment