Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

#MYOL News: Jeremy Lin Covers Sports Illustrated For 2nd Consecutive Week “Jeremy’s World” (BLOG) (Feb 19th-25th)


Everyone can stop with the speculation, Jeremy Lin is a very good basketball player. At 6' 3", 200 lbs he is a perfect size for an NBA point guard. The kid can play, make no mistake about that and all the publicity he is receiving is great for the game of basketball across the world, the league and NewYork City. Give him credit he stepped up on the biggest stage in the nation, Madison Square Garden. Not just once either, he Broke Lebron's Scoring & Magic Johnson Assist Record in First 4 Starts (VIDEO). Once you look past the media hoopla and the amazing performances in the last couple of weeks there is one thing all true basketball minds are really paying attention to, turnovers.  While breaking some great records he also broke the turnover record in his first 6 starts. Will Jeremy Lin be able to cut down on his turnovers with Melo, Stat and J.R. Smith being added to the line up since he took the starting PG position? He's young, he's smart and is willing to work to get better. Go Jeremy!

I'm not sure what the title "Jeremy's World" may mean to you but for me it has meant the opportunity to make my own lane since my birth on December 9, 1986 until this present day and beyond. Long before Jeremy Lin and his underdog story ever came along the title "Jeremy's World" has been a reality for me. As a man I continue to grow everyday and as a child I was blessed with the ability to visualize my lifelong dreams at a young age. With the recent underdog stories from Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Evans (2012 NBA Dunk Champion), I'm hoping that Jeremy Shannon could follow in that success, on and off the court. As they say, 3's a charm. If I told you my plans you probably wouldn't believe it even if you got to see it come to fruition. I can't promise you that I'll take over the world, but I promise that I'll bring you into mine. All I ask is that you share yours too.

-#HMIC (@TheOtherJayMYOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment