Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

#MsLMstatus: Tyra Banks Graduates From Harvard (BLOG) (Feb 19th-25th)


As I stated in my last post,"I'm not sure what the title "Jeremy's World" may mean to you but for me it has meant the opportunity to make my own lane since my birth on December 9, 1986 until this present day and beyond. I can't promise you that I'll take over the world, but I promise that I'll bring you into mine. All I ask is that you share yours too. " In my world I shed light on lane making women who set positive examples for my nieces, cousins and sisters. As well as show characteristics of being a future wife, mother and successful in what they choose to pursue. In a generation where women are selling their souls, bodies and relationships to be reality TV stars I think the shedding light on women who break the mode is necessary. Tyra Banks is well known for being a superstar model, hosting America's Next Top Model, her own talk show and most recently graduating from Harvard Business School. Her path to graduating from the prestigious institution is definitely not a typical one but even as she gets older Tyra continues to impress. This time its not just about her look but the power of her mind. Last year I posted  Tyra Banks Becomes Student of Harvard's School of Business when she first enrolled. Similar, to Jeremy Lin she has her own underdog story as I'm sure many people never expected a "supermodel" to go back to school and become a Harvard graduate. In "Jeremy's World", Ms. Lane Maker women are "on another level of planning and understanding the bond between man, woman and child".

No comments:

Post a Comment