Popular Posts

Monday, January 17, 2011

H.A.M. - Jay-Z & Kanye West (January 9th-15th)


On Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 (1-11-11) Jay-Z and Kanye dropped their first single off their upcoming album “Watch The Throne”. Honestly, I had some speculation before I even heard the track simply because of the title. Didn’t Roscoe Dash come out with a song called “Goin’ Ham” and now Jay and Kanye come out with “H.A.M.”? So my first thought was, damn is this what the game has come to that legends have to steal phrases from a Hip Pop artist? Maybe they don’t care but either I knew I’d like this version way better than the Roscoe Dash version. Kanye does his thing on the track but Jay definitely gets him on it, which is a change from the last couple of tracks they’ve done together recently. Although, the track is hot it seems rushed as Jay and Kanye only drop a verse each and they definitely aren’t what I expected off the first single from the Hov vs. Yeezy album setup. Sadly, with all that said it is definitely hotter than majority of the Hip Hop music that has come out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment