Popular Posts

Sunday, January 22, 2012

#MYOL News: Understanding SOPA & Why You Should Be Concerned (VIDEO & BLOG) (Jan 15th-21st)





Last week I posted "Don't Let Facebook Control How You Express Yourself" Blog due to not being able to post any to my Facebook account. In the post I expressed my dislike for the lack of creativity in a lot of start-up brands and entreprenuers who are dependent on Facebook as a promotional outlet. I still feel the same, especially when they constantly hit the social networks with consistently unprofessional, misspelled material, etc. I approached it that way because I though someone might have reported my postings because they were a hater. Come to find out, SOPA was the driving force behind not being able to post to Facebook at that time. The SOPA bill could have had a major effect on the internet and the digital age forever if it did pass last week. This fight isn’t over but I think it raises the question, if you couldn’t have an internet presence anymore how strong would your brand really be? In Spanish, SOPA is nothing but soup. Both literally and figuratively, I eat soup and I love to eat. I plan to eat regardless, I know you understand.

-#HMIC (@TheOtherJayMYOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment