Popular Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

#HMIC: Don't Let Facebook Control How You Express Yourself (BLOG) (January 8th-14th)



" What happened to real books? Real book or fake book, facebook or in your face you book ... it? Backing it up or frontin, if its too real, its nothin ... look its ... like, if it never happened, its happening, if it did it didn't happen, suddenly I'm rapping, this is where the game took it ?... Its back to real books, see you in your face, look just ... #MYOL "



Here is a poem I put together on Monday, January 9, 2012 to vent my frustration after Facebook let me know that I could no longer post blogs from this URL after consistently posting them every week for a year. I am a fan of Facebook and think it is a very fun and interactive social network when it is used in moderation. I was part of the original Facebook users, when it was for college students only but these days you can find everyone from you 10 year old niece to your grandmother on the network now. I am not writing this blog to bad mouth Facebook because in reality it is just a social network and what is relevant in my life has nothing to do with "The Social Network". I am simply documenting my journey as aspiring entertainment mogul in a time where social networks and the internet is a major part of the game. You could say the approach in the poem is angry and aggressive, it is, but not towards Facebook but towards those who use it as the catalyst to their brand. I am not sure if the social network did not like the consistent blog posting or someone may have reported my account for simply tagging them with my posts. Regardless, neither the social network or its staff will control HOW and WHEN I will express my life and lifestyle. Leaders and trendsetters in the past never needed it but these days its like if its not on Facebook its not relevant. I have been able to capitalize off the promotion and networking from Facebook long before I started blogging and I will continue, but it WILL not discourage me from showing this brand to the world in an in your face and authentic way. This will only increase the power behind the #MYOL movement and help me do exactly that by re-strategizing my use of the network to create history. The moral of the story is, never get discouraged! There is more than just one lane to the promise land. As long as you focus and persevere you can make your own lane! Follow me! (@makeyourownlane)

- #HMIC (@TheOtherJayMYOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment