Popular Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

RIP Martin Luther King Jr. (January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968) (BLOG)


As a 25 year-old man with many friends, family and fans from many different races, words cannot truly describe the admiration and gratitude I have towards the sacrifices that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made during his lifetime to allow me and many others throughout the world to pursuit our dreams. As we celebrate his life and pay respects today, it saddens me to see how many people use this man's life to promote their website, nightclub promotional flyers, etc. I feel like there are many young people of all races who feel the way I do, maybe not. As a man who has been exposed to many different cultures and ethnicities, I feel a sense of embarrassment when MLK and many other leaders that have dedicated their lives to influence the way we live today are used for monetary gain. As a generation, I know we are better than that and I definitely know we owe way more to the leaders who came before us. I'll do my part, will you? #MYOL

- #HMIC (@TheOtherJayMYOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment